So, what are everyone's New Year's Resolutions or Promises to Yourself?
Since resolutions are rather easy to break - it's just a goal after all, these are things I promise myself to accomplish or work on accomplishing this year.
I promise myself to:
1. Declutter my house
2. write 2000 words a day
3. Finish my writing plan,
4. Finish my business plan (strategic plan - non profit business style but for writing)
5. Excercise daily
6. Run a 5k
7. Stitch or sew weekly
8. Have a 'sassy' new year
9. Get out more
10. Apply to the VA for my benefits
11. Try to be more approachable and outgoing
12. Learn ASL
13. Blog regularly
14. Host either a sit and stitch, writer's day retreat, or dinner once a quarter
15. Become more financially independent and responsible
16. Take steps to increase my knowledge base in several different areas
17. Renew my first responder cpr/first aid cert.
18. Organize my stuff - in a manner that is comfortable to me, my beliefs and priorities
19. Either bead or scrapbook once a quarter.
And Most importantly
20. Stay in touch/communication with my friends and sisters better.
Now, some of these are going to be hard for me, because while I'm not really a shy person, my hearing loss has made it hard and uncomfortable for me to be in large crowds because even with my hearing aids, there are a lot of things that I miss and I'm not the type of person that can really laugh at myself or be okay with looking stupid. But, I do want to get out more, meet more people - maybe even dateable people, and take more steps towards having a fun/sassy type of life. I'd like to play more games, but I don't always want to play magic the gathering style card based games, but there are plenty of other games to play.