Friday, January 05, 2007

Goals Wrap Up 2006

Overall, 2006 wasn’t that great. I graduated from the community college and started at the university, but I didn’t make it into the program I wanted to. And the whole year was offset by the fact that my roommate died 16 days into the year. A fact that haunted me throughout the year and came through at Christmas, when I didn’t put up a tree or anything, which really was okay, since we weren’t home for Christmas anyway. Really, holidays were celebrated this year, because my of DD, for her sake. For me, I was okay without them.
I made some of my goals, and not others. But life happens and there isn’t anything that can be done about it.

Writing Goals –
1. Write 2-6 pages daily --Nope, but I started too, and it makes my list of 2007 goals
2. Finish WW – I didn’t. I stopped working on it when I decided that all of the characters had to die. I’m taking a sabbatical from the trilogy.
3. Finish EK -- I’m taking a sabbatical from the trilogy, since you can’t finish the series without any of the lead or supporting characters.
4. Finish EW -- I’m taking a sabbatical from the trilogy, since you can’t finish the series without any of the lead or supporting characters.
5. Finish DR – Nope, but I made some progress.
6. Finish GTF – I made progress on it.
7. Contact at least 1 editor for MCT -- There is no reason to contact an editor or an agent if the project isn’t completed.
8. Contact at least 1 editor for DR -- There is no reason to contact an editor or an agent if the project isn’t completed.
9. Contact at least 1 editor for GTF -- There is no reason to contact an editor or an agent if the project isn’t completed.
10. Finish RTF – Nope. Didn’t even start it.
11. Contact at least1 editor for RTF -- There is no reason to contact an editor or an agent if the project isn’t completed.
12. Contact at least 1 editor specializing or dealing with Sci-Fi and Fantasy -- There is no reason to contact an editor or an agent if the project isn’t completed.
13. Attend RWA National Conference -- Yeah, there was no money for a conference this year, and not a strong desire either. Better luck in 2007
14. Look into SFWA Conference’s -- did, don't remember what I found --
15. Join RWA SIC FFP – Almost, filled the paperwork out, but the fees were suppose to go through paypal and my acct never worked out. I’ll retry in 2007.
16. Organize research – hard copy and digital – Mostly. Probably need another filing cabinet to fit it all though.
17. Participate in NANOWRIMO -- I did. And I got about 2,000 words written and then the prof’s spring things like 4 papers with bibliographies and multiple sources (for books you either need to borrow or buy) due at the end of the month. Ugh.
18. Enter RWA’s Golden Heart – Didn’t finish anything to enter. It goes back on the goals for 2007.
19. Subscribe to Writer’s Digest, Realms of Fantasy, Asimov – Nope, but I buy them when I can.

General Goals –
1. Lose about 100 lbs -- Started, but lost the momentum. Ready to hit it again.
2. Exercise at least 3 times a week – I was going 5 times a week, but it didn’t last.
3. Look into joining the YMCA – No need to, school has a great gym with good hours.
4. Eat Healthier – Yup. Feel better too.
5. Cut out Pop – Yup. Feel better too.
6. Swim at least 3 times a week – Nope, open swim isn’t that often, which really sucks.
7. Put together a spreadsheet(s) of all of my books, music, movies, Cross Stitch, and sewing stuff and keep a copy off site. – I’m still working on it.
8. Encourage and help N to do the same thing. -- Doesn't apply, since she died on the 16th of January.
9. Put Together My Reading List and try to buy those books, if not borrow them from the Library – Yes, I have it, but I haven’t had a chance to do a lot of reading for pleasure. Ick. Better luck in 2007.
10. Read at least two books a month, one should hopefully be a classic – Not a chance, once school started up == at least not for pleasure and not ones I’d read on my own. But a couple of them were actually pretty cool.
11. Put together Christmas gift idea list of things to get people – I did. And I even used it. I do have next year’s list started – well it’s this year’s since it’s already 2007.
12. Start Christmas Shopping Early -- I did. Good thing too.
13. Finish Christmas Shopping by November 15th. – Hehehehe – Nope. Still not finished.
14. Start Christmas Baking Early. Freeze if necessary. – I didn’t bake anything.
15. Have Cookie and Ornament Exchange the 1st week of December, with all ornaments and invitations being homemade. – Cancelled because of snow and I wasn’t up for it.
16. Put together a list of all of the things I need and want for the house, start getting them, slowly – Started it. It’s on hold until I buy a house of my own.
17. Clean, organize, and declutter my bedroom.-- Did it. Will need to do it again.
18. Clean, organize, and declutter the utility room. -- Did it.
19. Clean, organize, and declutter the garage - Did it.
20. Clean, organize, and declutter the living room. - Did it.
21. Take DD to Binder Park - Did it.
22. Take DD to Kalamazoo Air Zoo -- 2007?
23. Take DD to Utah to visit friends -- 2007?
24. Take DD to Dallas to visit family - Did it.
25. Take DD to John Ball Park Zoo -- 2007?
26. Take DD to Sleeping Bear Dunes -- 2007?
27. Spend more quality time with DD – Yes, I think I did. But it’s still something I need to work on.
28. Stay on top of finances (includes paying off bills whenever possible) –Mostly.
29. Stay on top of Schoolwork, -- Mostly. I made 3 A’s and a B this Semester. And I graduated from GRCC in May
30. Stay on the Dean’s list – New school, new rules, we’ll see if I made it. I didn’t for my last semester at GRCC, but really, it’s okay. I was happy to graduate. Last year was almost as bad as 2005. And that’s saying something.
31. Subscribe to National Geographic, Creating Keepsakes, Memory Makers, and Discovery, -- Yes.
32. Finish applying to Colleges- Did it.
33. Take DD to Bronner’s & Frankenmuth with my mom – Nope. Maybe in 2007
34. Weekend trip to Bronner’s and Frankenmuth with Mom, SIL, and Aunt – Yes. And it was fun. My aunts are a trip when they’re drunk.
Stitching and Sewing Goals
1. Finish W. Quilt – Still have to start it.
2. Finish W. Announcement - Did it.
3. Teach at least 1 person to Cross Stitch – I did. My friend from school and my niece.
4. Finish TW Storyteller -- LOL – Better luck in 2007
5. Re-do Nephew #3 birth announcement – Nope, and it won’t get done. I don’t stitch or sew for ungrateful buffoons, even if they are family.
6. Stitch Niece #1 birth announcement -- Nope, and it won’t get done. I don’t stitch or sew for ungrateful buffoons, even if they are family.
7. Stitch Niece #2 birth announcement -- Nope, and it won’t get done. I don’t stitch or sew for ungrateful buffoons, even if they are family.
8. Stitch Nephew #5 birth announcement -- Nope, and it won’t get done. I don’t stitch or sew for ungrateful buffoons, even if they are family.
9. Finish scrap quilt for mom – Nope, got sidetracked with the Thimbleberries quilt, she’ll like that one.
10. Finish sweatshirt for Stepdad – Nope. Never got to it.
11. Finish Dragon Quilt for me – Nope, and the fabric got misplaced in the moves.
12. Finish Dutchman’s Puzzle, see if DBro wants it or give it to Uncle – Still couldn’t work on it.
13. Finish my costume, started last year – I don’t think so.
14. Sew DD Halloween Costume – Nope, she wanted a store bought one – it ripped within five minutes, we won’t go that route again.
15. Sew Summer clothes for DD – I did get some done.
16. Sew summer clothes for Niece #2 for her birthday-- Nope, and it won’t get done. I don’t stitch or sew for ungrateful buffoons, even if they are family.
17. Sew summer clothes for Niece #3 for her birthday -- Nope, and it won’t get done. I don’t stitch or sew for ungrateful buffoons, even if they are family.
18. Finish TW’s Celtic Cross – Nope, but I did work on it.
19. Find and Finish TW’s Futurecast - Did it. And a pic is listed on Ms. Wentzler's Website. Silmarwen
20. Kit Stretch – Nope, not yet.
21. Kit Tempest -- Nope, not yet.
22. Finish The Last Supper (need 36x20 fabric – 28 ct) – Needed new fabric, so it’s been started, but that’s it.
23. Start and Finish Celtic Banner – Hey, I started it. Frogged it. And restarted it. It’s good.
24. Start Resurrection Did it.
25. Stitch Orchid Afghan for Nana (find out which issues it was in and reorder them) – Nope. Needs repairs to finish it.
26. Finish Bird Afghan – Nope, who has time.
27. Subscribe to The Cross Stitcher, Stoney Creek Cross Stitch, The Stitchery, and Just Cross Stitch – I subscribed to one, and will do the rest later.
28. Subscribe to Quilt – Nope, not yet.
29. Find and kit Celtic Angel – Haven’t found it. I might just replace it. We’ll see.


So I accomplished some of my goals and made others. It was another one of those years. Well, 2007, should be much better!

Cheers.

No comments: