Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Different Views

I find it interesting that two seperate views on something can produce totally different results.


Friends of mine when they are exposed to or suspect that they have been exposed to germs (i.e. cold, flu, or whatever) sterilize everything they can -- including the air. I, on the other hand, change nothing of my habits. The results -- they are sicker longer and worse. I am sick rarely and less severely and my DD is hardly sick at all.


My theory has long been that if you sterilize everything and promote a culture of germ-a-phobs, you will weaken your immune system -- the natural one you're born with -- while systematically creating supergerms.

Now, this is not to say that I'm against medical intervention, just that it should be used with common sense and a little education. It is amazing what the human body can do. Naturally. And while I'm studying science, it's the not the end-all-be-all. Not all of the answers can be found in science. Not all of the answers can be found in any one area.

No comments: